CBOT mini-sized contracts offer individual investors and smaller institutions access to the same risk managment and investment tools as larger counterparts but in a size better able to meet your needs.
traded exclusively on Ace, the Chicago Board of trade's electronic trading platform, the mini-sized contracts offer smaller-sized versions of some of the most actively traded futures products in the world, comprising a market that includes fixed income, equity, grain, and precious metal contracts.
Benefits of trading CBOT®mini-Sized Contracts
There are several benefits of using mini-sized contracts for individual investors and smaller institutions:
- Access a vareity of markets. CBOT®mini-sized contracts encompass the most popular markets, giving you an array of products and opportunities.
- Financial integrity and safeguards. The mini-sized contracts are cleared and guaranteed by the Board of trade Clearing Corporation (BOTCC) giving them the same protection as users of the conventional CBOT products.
- Better risk management and investment fit. For smaller market players, the contracts give more flexibility in implementing risk management or investment strategies.
- Proven electronic trading technology. Because CBOT mini-sized contracts are listed on a/c/e, they will trade on the state-of-the-art electronic trading network.
- Lower margin rates. Smaller contracts mean lower margin requirements, giving you the ability to weather periods of adverse price change with a lower capital requirement.
- Longer trading hours. CBOT mini-sized contracts have the same a/c/e trading hours as their CBOT counterparts in the financial, equity, and commodity complexes, giving you greater accessibility and an extended window of opportunity to initiate trades or adjust your portfolios.
- Limited level of risk exposure. Smaller size contracts mean lower exposure.
Contracts and Sizes
The following is a list of the CBOT®mini-sized contracts with their contract size and that of their conventional size counterpart, along with the exchange where the full-sized contract listed:
|U.S. treasury Bond||$50,000||$100,000 (CBOT)|
|U.S. 10-year treasury Note||$50,000||$100,000 (CBOT)|
|Mini CBOT Dow Futures||$5 x DowSM Jones Industrial AverageSM(DJIASM)||$10 x DJIA (CBOT)|
|Corn*||1,000 bushels||5,000 bushels (CBOT)|
|Soybean*||1,000 bushels||5,000 bushels (CBOT)|
|Wheat*||1,000 bushels||5,000 bushels (CBOT)|
|New York Gold||33.2 fine troy oz.||100 troy oz. (COMEX)|
|New York Silver||1,000 troy oz.||5,000 troy oz. (COMEX)|
*Contracts will begin trading at a later date to be determined
Dow Jones," "The Dow," "DowSM Jones Industrial Average "DJIASM," "Dow Jones transportation Average "DJTA" Dow Jones Utility Average "DJUA" Dow Jones Composite Average and "DJCA" are service marks of Dow Jones & Company, Inc. and have been licensed for use for certain purposes by the Board of trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. (CBOT). The CBOT®futures and futures options contracts based on the Dow Jones Averages are not sponsored, endorsed, sold, or promoted by Dow Jones and Dow Jones makes no representation regarding the advisability of trading in such products.
Past performance is not indicative of futures results. The risk of loss exists in futures trading.